Live Webinar Schedule
UPCOMING LIVE WEBINAR:
Maintaining Your Patient Relationships:
How SSDI Can Help
Register for Our Live Webinar on May 19, 2021, at 12pm – 1pm EST for FREE!
Sustaining your therapy practice can be challenging when your adult patients experience financial difficulties themselves. This course explains how you can help your patients achieve better treatment outcomes by access to vital income through the federal insurance program called Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). SSDI is a vital alternative when your patients’ have experienced a chronic injury or illness that prevents them from working.
Health conditions more likely to qualify for SSDI include stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, cancer, myasthenia gravis, and neurological and degenerative medical conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and osteoarthritis.
Interactive Metronome is collaborating with disability services provider, Allsup, to bring training that outlines the importance of SSDI for adult patients, why it’s often overlooked as a resource, the complexity of the application and appeals process, and how you can easily guide them to support with this process. Participants will add to their options for helping maintain the therapy relationship with their adult patients for as long as they need treatment, and be able to restart therapy with those who may have stopped due to financial limitations.
Date and Time: May 19, 2021, at 12pm – 1pm EST
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- - Describe the importance of Social Security Disability Insurance and its role for working-age adults.
- - List the characteristics and types of diseases and health conditions that are most commonly approved for SSDI by the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- - Explain the three criteria that, when met by a patient, means they are likely to be eligible for SSDI and how to get connected with expert assistance in the evaluation process.
- - Describe the essential steps of the SSDI application and appeals process, which can be lengthy and complex for people facing injury and illness.
- - Understand your role as a therapy provider in helping to document your patient’s medical condition and provide ongoing care.
This course welcomes:
Providers treating adult patients (ages 18 to full retirement age) who have experienced severe injury or illness that may prevent them from working, or returning to work, for 12 months or longer.
*This course is not offered for CEUs.
- Introduction and Overview
- What Is SSDI? Why It Matters To Your Adult Patients
- SSDI: Vital Insurance Coverage that Most Workers Don’t Know About
- Top Conditions and Diseases Approved for SSDI, Nationwide
- Understanding Eligibility for SSDI and Three Essential Criteria
- Why Many Patients Give Up & Getting Help
- Your Value As A Treating Provider
- Questions and Answers
Date: May 19, 2020 Time: 12pm – 1pm EST
Be sure to check back regularly for our updated webinar schedule. Also, check out our OnDemand course catalog for more great OnDemand webinars.
Cancellation: IM reserves the right to determine the appropriate recourse for any CE activity for unforeseeable circumstances. Participants may only transfer to a webinar at a later date, no refunds are permitted.